I developed my working skills with tools to help me cut out plastic and foam. This project was based on plastic cups, and I had to cut out shapes to make my work look less boring. I cut out rectangles to kind of open get a view of the inside of the cup through the sides and to represent the Muslim art. My developing skills got a little better since I can cut certain objects and get my things to come out how I want them. When I got to the foam part that was difficult because while trying to cut you have to go deep in order for it to pop out and the tiny foam when you are cutting likes to come out and over your clothes which distracts you and makes a mess.
This art project got me engaged because it was pretty fun trying to discover what to do and how to do it, it also helped be more into styrogami. I actually engaged into this because all the focus I put into this project and work, I would like to know more about the concept of it and more art works dealing with it. To engage to something you have to do research about it and that's what i did but I learned more than what ideas people had and what their ideas turned into, I got into what tools they used and how they used it.
I will persist in doing this method in previous works because it is fun to do and it gives you example of art. You can make art out of anything, I thought this was going to be hard but as I continued I became fond of it because you have to try over and over again to get the hang of it. i feel like if I continue in doing this I can make lot's of things and become better and see what my ideas do and take me.
I explored different ideas of people who tried styrogami and what i could do but see I didn't want to make it seem like I was stealing another artist's work so I decided to search up muslim styrogami and they look pretty hard but i found one that didn't look that hard but not easy either so I gave that a try. What I did was I took a coffee filter and drew a Muslim art on it and stuck it to my base so that when I stuck the cup on top of it you could see it from the side's of the cup but Mrs. Schumann gave me an idea to cut shapes on the bottom of the cup so that the viewers can see from the sides and so that's what I did because not only does she know what she is doing but it seems like a good idea. I used a leftover cup bottom and used it as a calligraphy and glued it on the front of the cup with the signs to demonstrate what it is.